Brunch is one of my favorite things. You can’t ever go wrong with Mimosa’s, Bloody Mary’s, and the beautiful fusion of sweet and savory.
So with this past weekend being Mother’s Day I tested out some new recipes for Mother’s Day Brunch and they were huge hits. Super easy and oh so very delicious.
First up we have a French Toast Crumble.
FRENCH TOAST CRUMBLE
1 Loaf of Sourdough Bread (Fresh From The Bakery If You Can)
2 Cups Vanilla Almond Milk (This Makes All The Difference….I Swear)
1/2 Cup Organic Heavy Cream
3/4 Cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Cold Butter Cut Into Cubes
THE NIGHT BEFORE
1. Add the eggs, vanilla almond milk, organic heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl and whisk together.
2. Cut the bread into cubes and add to a 9×13 baking dish greased with butter.
3. Pour the mixture over the bread, cover with tin foil, and refrigerate overnight.
It’s really that simple.
THE MORNING OF
1. Take your mixing bowl and add the flour, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
2. Next, take your butter cut into cubes and mash into the mixing bowl with a fork.
3. Add your crumble to the top of your bread that’s been soaking overnight.
4. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes
Cut up some berries, and call it one hell of a brunch.
The LA Blonde